-->

Monday, August 10, 2009

Fig- Walnut- Brie Canapes


I absolutely love having friends over any time of the day or night. I dont like to stand on ceremony however and I completely prefer an informal sort of scene where everyone grabs a drink and conversation and traffic flow seamlessly from room to room... and spills outside if its a beautiful day.
And non-fussy food fits perfectly in that scheme of things. Take these Fig-Walnut-Brie Canapes for example. Simple ingredients, perfect fusion of tastes. And done in 30 minutes.
The sweet plump fig, the silky smooth mouth-feel of the salty brie, the crisp crunch of the puff pastry and the snap of the toasted walnuts.

Imagine yourself outside enjoying the sunset with a couple of these canapes and a glass of chilled white.
Soul-satisfying. And just perfect.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Any combination of figs and brie is a winner in my book :)

Anit said...

Ooooh! Man, your blog has far-reaching effects. Every post of yours drives up revenues of eateries in the Bangalore area. It not only warms the cockles of my heart to see my niece so talented, but also fires the coals in my stomach somewhat! Next time you come home, there will be better facilities to demonstrate the actual skills required to make it seem simple :)

Deepa said...

wow!!